[lbo-talk] Shiavo "Forbidden video"

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Wed Apr 6 20:43:24 PDT 2005

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, tully wrote:

> I'm almost glad you can't see that video, Marta, because I know it
> would upset you more, as it did me. I agree with Laura, there is no
> way you'll convince me that Terri was pvs.

Yep, it's a good thing that you're more informed than the phalanx of judges and doctors who studied this case in detail for years. Who needs a medical education or a pile of expert court testimony to understand the complexities of the case? Just look at an edited video; then we won't be confused by the facts!

I'll say it once more: this disregard for evidence and informed opinion is the most appalling aspect of the Schiavo affair.

Miles