[lbo-talk] the price of everything and the value of nothing

Autoplectic autoplectic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 22:05:14 PDT 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 9:20 PM, Shane Mage <shmage at pipeline.com> wrote:

> And this is the whole point, the point that Justin seems incapable
> of understanding. Measurement, the basis of all science, requires
> an objective unit of measure. For the political economy of
> Capitalism that unit of measure is the quantum of socially necessary
> labor time, what Marx called "value." Without such measurability
> "economics" has descended steadily to its present pitiful state.
>
> Shane Mage

Measures are conventions, especially with regards to social relations; they too are the product of struggles and *choices*. Is an inch or a meter *objectively* an inch or meter independently of us? I don't think so.......

Oh and what is necessity?

Way over post limits, apologizing and shutting up.............