[lbo-talk] Checking the Popes genitals (was DN!, WSWS & the Pope)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 8 05:55:02 PDT 2005

>From: jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
>>
>The Vatican doesn't claim it's a toilet however in spite of the name. As it
>would be hard
>pressed to be used as a toilet it would be a poor explanation of the seat
>even if the Vatican
>chose to do so. They don't. They just claim it's a seat used by the Pope
>that just happens to
>have an odd hole and look like a obstetrics chair.

[Whatever its original use, I wouldn't be surprised if today's pedophiliac curia retrofitted the sella stercoraria as a kiddie chair:]

Cardinal Law, Ousted in U.S. Scandal, Is Given a Major Role in Rites

By LAURIE GOODSTEIN

ROME, April 7 - Cardinal Bernard Law, who was forced to resign in disgrace as archbishop of Boston two years ago for protecting sexually abusive priests, was named by the Vatican today as one of nine prelates who will have the honor of presiding over funeral Masses for Pope John Paul II.

To many American Catholics, Cardinal Law is best known as the archbishop who presided over the Boston archdiocese as it became the focus for the sexual abuse scandal involving priests.

But to Vatican officials, Cardinal Law is a powerful kingmaker who traveled internationally for the church and whose favorite priests were regularly appointed bishops by John Paul. After he stepped down in Boston in 2003, he was given a spacious apartment and a prestigious although honorary post in Rome as archpriest of the Basilica of St. Mary Major. ...

<http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/08/international/worldspecial2/08cardinals.html?hp&ex=1113019200&en=c0c3fe1c4707a449&ei=5094&partner=homepage>

Carl