[lbo-talk] Shiavo "Forbidden video"

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Apr 8 06:51:16 PDT 2005

Tully:
> I'm glad we aren't going the other extreme where life is maintained
> just because its life, when its clear that such a life was not the
> wish of the person. But when no such knowledge exists, we should err
> on the side of life, especially in a case when loved ones exist and
> want to take care of that person. The only time the state should
> ever get involved is in the case where there is no one who cares to
> preserve that life or when different people wish to conduct that
> care. Otherwise it should be a private matter. Michael Schiavo was
> very wrong not to turn Terri over to her parents.

Philosophically, your position has some merits at least to the point of being worthy a bona fide debate. But that is not the issue here.

The issue is that this country is on the verge of being taken over by christo-fascism and its business supporters - and those efforts must be resisted by any means necessary. Debating the merits of fascist claims in cases like Schiavo's is similar to debating, during the Nazi takeover of Europe, whether, say, the Rotchilds were capitalist swine. They probably were and should have been criticized in different times, but in the 1920s and 1930s any such criticism was only aiding the Nazi effort to gain legitimacy and control.

Wojtek