[lbo-talk] Shiavo "Forbidden video"

tully tully at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 8 06:06:53 PDT 2005

On Thursday 07 April 2005 01:25 am, Leigh Meyers wrote:
>Yes... get *psychiatric* help... you are way too emotionally
>involved with someone you've never even met,

You've never experienced empathy? Do you only care about the people you personally know and to hell with everyone else? Even if you aren't a "bleeding heart" like I am, can you not put yourself in Terri's position or in the position of her parents? Have you no children? Can you not see the abuses done here that could apply to you or your loved ones?

>and you brush
>aside all all of the years of accumulated evidence to indicate
>that Terri Schiavo was brain dead.

So what? There were people who obviously loved her and wanted to care for her and there was only hearsay as to Terri's wishes. That's all the evidence that was needed.

Besides, there was not enough evidence to prove anything about her physical state. Only one judge heard the case and he never even visited Terri. Doctors gave opinions who'd only spent short amounts of time with the patient. An appeal was never granted to a higher court for hearing by a different judge. Criminals have more rights to appeal than an innocent person? Criminals can get juries but innocent people can't? The whole setup here is wrong. The state should never have been involved.

And even if she was absolutely without a doubt brain dead, what does that matter? If the parents wanted to care for her, with their own money or whatever they could raise, it was their right, and the state deprived them of it.

>Wishful thinking is a psychological condition.
>http://tinyurl.com/4mvh5 (mp3 Audio)
>
>Get help.

Frankly, I think there is more to worry about psychiatricly with someone who can write what you wrote here. Thanks all the same, but I prefer to keep my "illness" and to hope that yours is not contagious.

--tully