[lbo-talk] Red Lake Minnesota: Community Mourns, Siege Continues

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 16:49:12 PDT 2005

IMHO... Not a misleading headline.

Authorities search for gun at Red Lake High School

By Molly Miron Pioneer Editor http://www.rlnn.com/ArtApril05/AuthoritiesSeachGunRLHS.html

A healing ceremony scheduled for Red Lake High School today was postponed until Monday and the reopening of the school for half-day classes Monday will have to wait a little longer.

FBI and Bureau of Indian Affairs officers and Red Lake Police spent Thursday searching the school for a gun.

"This is recent information," said FBI Special Agent Paul McCabe Thursday afternoon. "We have uncorroborated information about the possibility of a gun on the premises of Red Lake High School." Acting Red Lake School Superintendent Carol Aenne said Thursday that the schools were evacuated as a precaution during the search and the school district is on standby waiting for the FBI's all clear.

"We're not sure how long it will take. It's a large school," McCabe said of the search.

He declined to comment further on the investigation. <...>

I also believe that Jeff Weise may have been better liked than we have all been told.

Editor's note on front page of Red Lake Net News:

<...> There have been comments made that some obituaries have intentionally been excluded. This is not the case. All obituaries are usually sent to rlnn.com from the funeral home and I use what they send me. Some send full obituaries, others don't, including or not-including photographs. Sometimes a funeral home doesn't send anything, for which I have to try to find this information elsewhere.

IN NO WAY WAS THE JEFFERY WEISE OBITUARY EXCLUDED INTENTIONALLY!

Michael Barrett <...>

L http://www.leighm.net http://www.furl.net/members/leigh_m/rss.xml