[lbo-talk] [FoRK] America is Beautiful!

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Apr 9 03:56:19 PDT 2005

Forwarded, with commentary, from another list. Unfortunately, I'm actually contributing to his guerilla marekting efforts. He's been on teevee? If not, how long do you think it'll take to land on FAUX Snooz?

....until you see some of its citizens prancing around pretending they're Jesus, wrapping themselves in the flag, hijacking nationalist and religious imagery, and ruthlessly disguising their pathetic self-promotional efforts as some sort of deranged blunt-force patriotism.

Dennis Madalone: http://www.americawestandasone.com/mov/ America%20We%20Stand%20As%20One.mov

It's as though Karl Rove wrote the lyrics and Ed Wood directed the video.

The sad thing is that Mr. Madalone (coluch at ix.netcom.com) will likely profit by this...

They don't "live on in a different way". They're fucking dead. The only possible solace one might take from that horrific fact is that a few of them might think the way Madalone does, in which case I guess they're pretty happy to be martyrs in the great McJihad.

-Ian.

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling