[lbo-talk] Shiavo "Forbidden video"

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Apr 9 11:18:10 PDT 2005

At 01:17 PM 4/9/2005, Marta Russell wrote:
>Kelly wrote:
>>>John A was defending you against Dawson's personal insults. He doesn't
>>>think you're irrational. He doesn't think you're "barkingly irrational".
>>>He hasn't said anyone's irrational and, in fact, gave a pretty decent
>>>rendering of what I, at least, thought you'd been talking about.
>
>Good grief. Can you read? I did not say that John A said it : I wrote:
>
>>>Dawson wrote "barkingly irrational" as an adjective to describe me. Do
>>>you apply that to all "barking" women or only to me?
>>>I'd rather be with Alex Cockburn, Ralph Nader, Nat Hentoff and many
>>>others who have expressed similar opinions to Tully's and mine any day
>>>than you. I suppose they are all "irrational" to you too. I am in good
>>>company.
>

>And this is a prime example of how things have been twisted and turned
>around on this list.
>Marta
>--

Your first sentence addresses Dawson, speaking of him in the third person. Then, you switched, using the pronoun 'you" instead of "he". Had you wanted to keep it third person, talking about Dawson, then you'd use "he" not you.

Naturally, I assumed that, since you _replied_ to John Adams' post, the "you" was referring to him.

Kelley