[lbo-talk] Cain's wife

T Fast tfast at yorku.ca
Sat Apr 9 11:58:14 PDT 2005

> On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>> A question for the theologically literate here - what's the story with
>> Cain's wife? Where'd she come from? Was she his sister? She just pops up
>> in Genesis without so much as an introduction.
>>
>> Doug
>
> I believe it's a question to be politely ignored in the company of
> the faithful. (Perhaps they were aliens? Neanderthals?)
>
> Miles

The question would only disturb those blasphemes forms of Christianity wherein the bible is to be read literally. Eastern Orthodox, Coptic's and Ethiopian Orthodox know that one does not take an analytical axe to a poetic metaphor. Although who knows these days...they were seen taking communion with Rome.

Travis