[lbo-talk] Shiavo "Forbidden video"

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Sat Apr 9 13:29:09 PDT 2005

Thornton wrote:

>It may not be tin-foil hat crazy but there is no connection between
>the two and pretending that
>it exists helps no one. Pulling the tube on Schiavo is not one small
>step away from doing away
>with Marta. She hasn't stated she feels this is true but even if she
>believes it that does not
>make it so. If this were true don't you imagine that the most of the
>people on this list would be
>capable of seeing that connection and acting appropriately?

Kiernan is correct to suggest that not only I but all 26 disability organizations that wrote briefs in support of Shiavo and many many other disabled individuals identify with Terri, not with the husband, not with the family. And there is a historical context to our cause for concern.

Maybe Jose can say it better http://www.raggededgemagazine.com/focus/byzekprogressives.html

I wanted to clear that up because essentially, though not literally at this moment, what Bill is suggesting is right.

Marta