[lbo-talk] CBS Cameraman shot

Mycos mycos at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 9 20:08:05 PDT 2005

Leigh Meyers wrote:
> The Pentagon is saying he had footage of roadside IED attacks
> in his camera that looked like he had the time to pick a good spot
> for filming.

What is implied by this is that, should a reporter be given access by the insurgency to cover the war from their eyes, this is not allowed.

Another nail in the coffin of the supposed 'independence' of the press.....and of investigative journalism as a whole.

No more fly-on-the-wall status. If you're with them, you are to be considered *with them*. And as such, a legitimate target.

No word on *why* they viewed the contents of his
> machine... and as I recall from last night, the reference to him
> standing next to an insurgent wasn't in the original story I read.
>
> No comment.
>
> Leigh

Gary Williams

http://mycos.blogspot.com/