[lbo-talk] Housing Market

amadeus amadeus amadeus482000 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 10 18:00:53 PDT 2005

Could someone please explain as layman-ly as possible what's going on with the housing market? Is it really a "bubble about to burst?" Can we expect everyone to drop out of it anytime soon, and for large rents to decrease? For landlords to start burning down their properties the way they did in the Bronx? Or will it always be buoyed until larger structures give way? When I went to a real estate broker and he had a cartoon up of an old couple, and the caption was "the young couple who waited for rent to decrease", was that right? Any help in this regard would be appreciated. Thanks. --adx

"Mary Poppins is alive and well in Argentina, she sends her regards." - Rod McKuen, The Mud Kids