[lbo-talk] Nokia to set up a plant in Chennai

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Tue Apr 12 10:59:33 PDT 2005

You've been keeping us abreast of India's China-copying strategy. But what do you personally think of the argument that it's also worsening economic polarization -- e.g., the peasant suicides around Bangalore?

It's not that I'm uninterested in the capitalist flows, but what's your take on their likely result in the social fabric of India?