[lbo-talk] more AD

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Apr 13 11:47:53 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> There's a long and interesting thread on Andrea Dworkin at Susie
> Bright's blog:
> <http://susiebright.blogs.com/susie_brights_journal_/2005/04/andrea_dworkin_.html>.

Here's a more interesting comment from Nina Hartley:

"Her ranting hatred of all things male and masculine was the source of more misery and confusion for heterosexual men and women over the past twenty years than all the sins she attributed to porn during that time, by and large wrongly. Her thinking turned the bedroom, which should be a place where people go to be loving and kind to each other and to share pleasure, into a politicized battleground."

Which got me to thinking that Dworkin was really the Christopher Hitchens of feminism. While she may have had some interesting things to say, her words ended up preventing dialogue and furthered the views of our enemies.

These discussions also remind me how hypocritical the left is about supporting queer rights but not sexual freedom for everybody.

Chuck