[lbo-talk] Salon on Andrea Dworkin

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 12:10:40 PDT 2005

Would she have permitted paymment of the blood price, as under many traditional revenge systems? Woiuld the execution be free form or constrained, e.g. no castration or torture? What about women whose sensibilities are squeasmish or opposed to violence. Could they appoint a champion? Forgo the execution altogether? Would due process play any role in thsi, or would the oroceduree laep from accusation to execution without notice or an opportunity to be heard? Whata bout appeals? Would we be othered if a lot of rape accusations turned out to be of black men rraping white women? Would personal revenge of this sort be limited to raoe, or would it be applicable for other crimes -- murder, assault, robbery, price-fixing?

Sorry about the lawyer's questions.