[lbo-talk]Peak oil and Why can't you guys learn to quote andattribute properly?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Apr 13 16:02:48 PDT 2005

John Thornton writes:

> based on the information I have read most oil geologists
> believe between 2007 and 2010 is most probable.

Is that "most oil geologists" ...

... in the world? ... in the set of them that think there's a peak coming? ... who answered a "survey" ...?

> While it is true no one can know for certain until it has
> passed the smart money is on a date before 2010 in my opinion.

Well, we'll probably still be here, so I'm going to start a tradition of marking predictions with the term CHECKPREDICTION so that we can search for it in the archives later ;-)

/jordan