[lbo-talk] Reposting for Dworkin Thrread: Terrain of Struggle was O'Reilly vs Churchill]

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Apr 14 06:41:36 PDT 2005

Slightly edited for current use. I haven't had time to read many posts yesterday or today, but I understand someone brought up the old chestnut that X will be/is/was "self-defeating" re Dworkin.

Carrol

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: [lbo-talk] Terrain of Struggle was O'Reilly vs Churchill Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:00:16 -0600 From: Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu>

snit snat wrote:

> YOu need another third who doesn't hate you or disrepsect you enough to
> trot off to the other third's side when things heat up. The WCs of the
> world do us no favors in that regard.

There will ALWAYS be a DWORKIN. There will ALWAYS be Weatherman groups. There will ALWAYS be Ward Churchills. There will ALWAYS be Michael Puglieses. There will ALWAYS be Sparacist factions. There will ALWAYS be Nathan Newmans. There will ALWAYS be SLAs. There will ALWAYS be provocateurs. There will ALWAYS be Bob Avakians. There will ALWAYS be Michael Dawsons. There will ALWAYS be worse things than any of these. Get used to it or get out of the kitchen. It's simply the terrain that leftists or left organizations have to operate on, and it is silly to caterwaul about it. If a left [OR A FEMINIST MOVEMENT] can't operate on that kind of terrain (or worse) than a left or even an imitation left can't operate, period.

Carrol

_