[lbo-talk] socially irresponsible investment

tully tully at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 14 18:15:18 PDT 2005

On Thursday 14 April 2005 09:02 pm, Dennis Redmond wrote:
>The world-market forces *everyone* (except the owners of capital)
> into wage-slavery -- unless you grow your own food, generate your
> own electricity, and built your own computer, constructed by your
> very own semiconductor
>plant.

You are right that it can't be done overnite. But our dependence on capitalism can be reduced ever more greatly over time if enough people get together and decide to do it. One successful business could lead to others that provided the supplies, etc., weaning itself over time from the products made by capitalist markets. And we could do it right smack dab in the middle of capitalist Amerika.

--tully