[lbo-talk] socially irresponsible investment

tully tully at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 14 18:27:24 PDT 2005

On Thursday 14 April 2005 09:06 pm, Michael Dawson wrote:
>So, in your view, everybody could just start their own viable
> non-profit business tomorrow? You've not thought real hard about
> that assumption, have you?

I didn't say non-profit. I said worker-owned, a profit sharing arrangement where the workers decide how much of the profit is plowed back into the business and how much they share amongst themselves. It may not be strict marxism, but isn't it alot closer than current capital-owned business?

And yes, anyone could start one if they wanted to. And I have been thinking about this for quite some time now. Intentional community was more along my line of thinking but worker owned business appeals too.

--tully