[lbo-talk] Petrostate and labour (misreading)

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Fri Apr 15 13:41:48 PDT 2005

On Apr 14, 2005, at 6:29 PM, Tom Walker wrote:

> In fact, it may be that our biggest problems today are, in essence,
> the "solutions" that we are stuck with from previously misdefined
> problems.

Our biggest problem today is we enjoyed ourselves, and want to leave a world in which others can do likewise. More not fewer. While there have probably been catastrophists as long as sophists, I don't think that our best science would support that there was any chance of a human provoked catastrophe before present times, and they do support such a possibility at present. While we understand how divided we are, we can't search out areas of agreement and work behind them to build a movement - one that works. Or at least agree that we need to consolidate behind some (if only benign) agenda.

It seems to be an issue related to 'independence' - or independents. I think that etrade is running an ad now which iterates many times the mantra that '... no one would want to be an ORDINARY <whatever> ...' ending with 'So why be an ordinary investor'.

So much fear of ordinary.

Martin