[lbo-talk] socially irresponsible investment

amadeus amadeus amadeus482000 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 09:36:16 PDT 2005

I remember attending a conference on cooperatives and intentional communities, and there being a delegation from Twin Oaks. Inevitably, the question came up: How can you trade living in a commune for renouncing participation in local, regional, world politics? The answer came back: We find our internal life and the decisions we make among one another to be very political. Barf.

(This is not to say that some IC's didn't participate in at least local politics-- the Farm I think being a notable example.)

--adx