[lbo-talk] conservative appreciations of AD

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Apr 17 09:34:08 PDT 2005

> On a Charlie Rose show many years ago on the topic of a dumb piece by Tad
> Friend called "Do-Me Feminism," Hitch confessed that many of his female
> friends had confessed their rape fantasies to him. (Katie Roiphe was on
> the show too, and that's when & where Hitch developed his weird crush on
> her.) I wonder if he brought that up with Dworkin.
>
> Doug

I remember that show. H & I discussed it a few days afterward. Yeah, he had a thing for young Roiphe. Makes you wonder why he made such a fuss about Saddam's rape rooms. Perhaps "consensual" rape is more palatable -- or at the very least "conceptual" rape. In any event, I strongly doubt he brought this up with Dworkin. But you never know with the old boy.

DP