[lbo-talk] it takes a queer man to know a straight woman

Shane Taylor shane.t.taylor at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 16:56:47 PDT 2005

of Desperate Housewives:

> Creator Marc Cherry and Executive Producer

> Michael Edelstein are gay.

Indeed. And I know many gay men who are devoted viewers.

I believe it was Marc Cherry I saw on Charlie Rose. He said being gay, growing up, placed him on the outside, which honed his observations of everyone else.

Also, he mentioned his inspiration for the series. He was watching coverage of the Andrea Yates trial with his mother. He asked how could a mother could do such a thing to her children. His mother retorted, "I thought of doing that." From there, apparently, the series germinated.

-- Shane