[lbo-talk] Apres L'empire

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Apr 18 06:43:34 PDT 2005

Doug
> Yes, but don't forget the context, as many people who quote this line
> do: it was his response to those economists who argued that the high
> unemployment of the British 1920s would take care of itself "in the
> long run." I think it was Hayek who turned this into a homophobic
> slur - that of course that fag Keynes would think that since he
> didn't have any kids.

But is not the "pendulum" theory of the US politics a variation on the same theme of cyclicity - markets go up and down, politics go left and right.

BTW, what would be a Keyenesian equivalent in US politics? Methinks that politics run by career civil servants as opposed to small town lawyers turned politicos pandering to a bunch of bumbling bobbits would be a favorable alternative, no?

Wojtek