[lbo-talk] Re: gorgeous moscow subway stations

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Apr 19 07:59:02 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
>
> > the almost perfect discord between man-made structures and natural
> >environment
>
> No kidding. Several years ago, after visiting the Oregon coast for
> the first time - certainly one of the more spectacular bits of
> natural beauty in North America - I drove into a convenience store
> just a few miles inland. It was made of corrugated tin and looked
> like hell. How could people do such a thing?

How could they? Instead the prospective owners should have chopped down a couple douglas firs with their little dime-store hatchets, split them into boards with their pen knives, wrapped them together with vines they gathered on the mountain side. This is stupid -- as bad as Tully's statement that we all chooser to be wage-slaves.

Carrol