[lbo-talk] soft bigotry...

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 20 06:08:10 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood:

> Did a large percentage of Bush voters vote for him because
> they like what he's doing in Iraq and elsewhere? How can
> we just blame W, and ignore the fact that the guy got scores
> of millions of votes?

(etc. etc.)

Rightbackatcha, Doug, with Kelly's question -- why does this matter? At some level I suppose it does matter, but the more important question is, what are we going to do about it? The problem with the article you cited is that it was a lot of idle moralizing inflected with despair at man's-inhumanity-to-man kind of stuff -- with no suggestions about what we should actually do next.