[lbo-talk] Ugly housing starts stat

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Wed Apr 20 12:54:34 PDT 2005

Just saw this news blip at Angry Bear:

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - The news was bad: Housing starts plunged 17.6 percent in March, marking their steepest drop in more than 14 years, a Commerce Department report showed Tuesday. But analysts weren't ready to use that indicator to call an end to the housing boom just yet.

Inflation up, wages stagnant, housing starts down--I'm no economist, but the economy looks pretty gruesome to me right now. Doug et al., any indicators that point in a happier direction?

Miles