[lbo-talk] opium deaths?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Apr 21 15:46:51 PDT 2005

John Adams wrote:

> On Apr 21, 2005, at 6:08 PM, Michael Dawson wrote:
>
> > What's the average life expectancy for junkies?
>
> Rich ones, or poor ones?
>
> John A

I thought it was general knowledge for decades that heroin, as such, was an utterly harmless drug, and that _all_ its ill effects are due to the life style and economic conditions that addiction to an ILLEGAL drug creates. In 16th-century spain chocalate was a life-threatening drug. They hanged one nun for using it. (And this was before it occurred to anyone to add sugar!)

Carrol