[lbo-talk] opium deaths?

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Fri Apr 22 11:39:22 PDT 2005

Take a look at this: http://www.sciam.com/print_version.cfm?articleID=0001E632-978A-1019-978A8341 4B7F0101

Sociology has been miserable failure on this topic, IMHO. Addiction is proving to have a rock-solid and powerful biological basis. It is a disease.

And BTW, since when do you get to separate the lifestyle impacts of drugs from the drug itself? That's exactly the same as what the NRA says about guns.

Ordinary people know all this, and the left should stop pretending its all just a bummer laid on us heads by the Man. Drugs are fucking people up in this world, and we should be providing solutions, not excuses.