[lbo-talk] Yahoo! News Story - 'Dormouse' Retells Silicon Valley History

Lance Murdoch lancemurdoch at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 18:16:00 PDT 2005

On 22 Apr 2005 17:09:04 -0700, Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com> wrote:

> 'Dormouse' Retells Silicon Valley History
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/zd/20050420/tc_zd/150388

John Markoff is a red-diapered baby who was in SDS, I know this because he told me this. In 1984 he was telling people he considered himself a Marxist.

I began running into him in the early 1990s and what I see is a complete throne-sniffer. He is just another dot-bomb cheerleader. So, the bourgeois millionaires out in San Francisco are liberal and like to smoke dope, woop-de-fucking-do.

Jackoff's last non-fiction book was about a hacker who broke into some military-funded computer. Jackoff writes in the book that he played a key role in tracking the poor guy down for the cops encircling him.

This looks like it will be a book glorifying the (liberal) millionaires he hangs out with, which will mean it's hundreds of more pages than the articles he writes glorifying the (liberal) millionaires he hangs out with.

There might be a book to be written on the left in Silicon Valley from 1962 to 1975, but Markoff does not have the capacity to write one. Because that isn't even really a subject, the subject would be leftists from 1962 to 1975 who happened to work in Silicon Valley.

Lance