[lbo-talk] opium deaths?

Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu
Sat Apr 23 10:31:02 PDT 2005

> Tobacco.....340,000-395,000+
>
> Alcohol(excluding crime/accidents).....125,000+
>
> Drug Overdose(prescription).....14,000-27,000
>
> Drog overdose(illegal).....3,800-5,200
>
> MARIJUANA......0
> http://groups.msn.com/silverdragons/whatdoyouknowaboutmarijuana.msnw
>
> Best,
> Mike B)

So nobody -- zero -- died from lung cancer or accidents caused by THC? You believe that? Why? Heavy daily smoke inhalation is somehow nontoxic in the one case of MJ?

And BTW, those illegal drug OD numbers are lite. I believe the real figures are about triple that, even if you accept the premise that the reporting system captures and records all the cases. Does every homeless junky get an autopsy and proper death certificate? Do better-off junkies' families allow anybody to know what killed their kids?

I'm not against all drug use, but neither am I in favor of peddling stoner propaganda.