[lbo-talk] Heidegger and Ratzinger....oh freude, freude

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 23 12:36:29 PDT 2005

--- Jim Farmelant <farmelantj at juno.com> wrote:

But when he initiated his career as a philosopher, he did write as a Catholic philosopher, and was indeed hired as such when he was appointed as a Privatdozent at Freiburg. As such, he taught courses on Aristotle and the scholastics.

--- His first planned (never written) book was on Aristotle.

That does not mean he was doing theology. I am reminded of one his lectures (don't remember which one) in which he mocks people who call him a "Catholic philosopher" because he quotes Aquinas.

Really, this is my area. Until I dropped out of Academia in 2000, I was trained as a Heidegger scholar. If there is a book written on H before 2000, in English, I have at least skimmed it.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!