[lbo-talk] Bush: Corny, not 'shill'ing

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Sat Apr 23 18:49:27 PDT 2005

On Apr 23, 2005, at 6:13 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:
> <http://www.carbohydrateeconomy.org/library/admin/uploadedfiles/
> How_Much_Energy_Does_it_Take_to_Make_a_Gallon_.html>

> Hmm, 1995. But from the Institute for Local Self-Reliance, which is a
> leftish back to the local kind of place. Definitely not shills for
> ADM.

I like the last column (first graphic) - the cellulose crop - based ethanol. It has the highest net energy gain. Although they list fertilizer and pesticides as significant expenses, I've read arguments that there are some cellulose crops <g> that may minimize, if not eliminate those expenses.

Martin