[lbo-talk] Bush: 'the more corn there is, the more energythere is'

Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu
Sun Apr 24 12:39:10 PDT 2005

But my question is this: Dream up the highest imaginable yield of alcohol from cellulose. Then, tell me how much farmland it will take to produce the cellulose required to fuel 200 million maximally fuel-efficient cars. Let's say you can get a 2-to-1 alcohol energy yield, and that cars could get 75 mpg of booze. What's that work out to in terms of farmland?