[lbo-talk] "Thanks to all the little people"

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 24 20:20:20 PDT 2005

Caught this revealing language in a news report about the woman who claimed a human fingertip was in her bowl of Wendy's chili.

======

Wendy's Hopes Arrest Woos Back Customers

Sun Apr 24,12:32 AM ET By KIM CURTIS, Associated Press Writer

SAN JOSE, Calif. - Wendy's restaurants are hoping business will bounce back now that a woman who claimed she found a finger in her bowl of chili has been arrested and investigators say the whole case was likely a hoax.

[...]

Sales dropped at Wendy's in Northern California because of the furor, forcing layoffs and reduced hours.

"It's been 31 days, and believe me it's been really tough," said Joseph Desmond, owner of the local Wendy's franchise. "My thanks also go out to all the little people who were hurt in our stores. They lost a lot of wages because we had to cut back because our business has been down so badly."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&e=18&u=/ap/wendy_s_finger