[lbo-talk] "Speed kills" was "Thanks to all the little people"

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Mon Apr 25 06:01:11 PDT 2005

On Apr 24, 2005, at 11:31 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> As Lou Reed once said, in response to Barbara Streisand's thanking all
> the little people at the Oscars - "fuck all the little people."

Followed by, "I like big people," if memory serves. 'Course, that's that same album where he went off on the reviewers: "All the assholes, right up front." I don't think he detailed any of them but Christgau: "Work for a fucking year on a fucking album and you get a B-plus from some asshole in the Village Voice." God, I love that album--it's proof that speed kills.

All the best,

John A