[lbo-talk] Environmental Heresies

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Mon Apr 25 09:11:43 PDT 2005

I saw it on Slashdot, but some of the ideas have been around for a while. Some of this I saw in either Whole Earth Review or Co-Evolution Quarterly, and also in Bill McKibben's The End of Nature, but Stewart Brand did a pretty good job of summing up here:

http://www.technologyreview.com/articles/05/05/issue/feature_earth.asp? p=0

Lead paragraph: "Over the next ten years, I predict, the mainstream of the environmental movement will reverse its opinion and activism in four major areas: population growth, urbani­zation, genetically engineered organisms, and nuclear power."

John A