[lbo-talk] The Suicide of New Left Review

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 25 09:32:15 PDT 2005

Kargalitsky didn't mean a literal suicide, but a suicide of the spirit as it were. Part of the reason I posted the article was to get responses addressing the extent to which Kargalitsky's assessment may have been premature or other hand, the extent to which it may it have been prescient. Tariq Ali's capitulation to the Anybody But Kerry brigade might be an inidicator of the latter, but it is by no means a conclusive indicator. And yes, Kargalitsky himself may want to update his article....