[lbo-talk] dregs and drugs

Mark S bunyak1 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 25 15:34:58 PDT 2005

Liza Featherstone wrote:

>Of course it is subjective. But I did give some examples of people looking
>good. They are quite varied (hats in church, colorful Bangladeshi wraps),
>but they all have this in common: people look like they're trying. Even
>when
>I don't personally love the results -- makeup on Tammy Faye Bakker, for
>instance, or 50 Cent's big gold jewelry - I'm still going to respect the
>effort. People wearing sweatclothes or leisurewear aren't trying.

In my experience, I think that the drab, puritanical types are suspicious of people who dress to impress. They seem to feel that flashy dressers are trying to hoodwink their audiences. If you have genuine accomplishments under your belt, you have no need to impress people with your appearance. And if people don't appreciate your accomplishments, they're not worth impressing in the first place...

M.

_________________________________________________________________ Powerful Parental Controls Let your child discover the best the Internet has to offer. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines

Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.