[lbo-talk] dregs and drugs

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 26 01:43:22 PDT 2005

Joanna wrote:

> I totally agree with this. Grown men in baseball caps do not look
like > grown-ups.

I'm sorry... what with the increased temperature and more intense sun due to "alleged" global warming, I feel the need to protect the bald spot on my head which was incurred by listening to people critique my choice in blue jean brands, t-shirt logos, shoes, belts, headwear and lifestyle...

Leigh [overposted alreeeaady?] www.leighm.net

Down under, the sun is so UV intense that NOT wearing a hat is stupid. There's a "slip, slap and slop" campaign in Oz, which amounts to cover up with sun screen and put something on to cover your body and head--a very wise policy, considering the amount of skin cancer in this "sunburned country". It's the ozone hole, don't you know. As a bald guy, I find myself frequently quaffed with a black Guinness baseball type cap (which was given to me free by my local bottle shop mates when I drove in for my usual case of Coopers Sparkling Ale), with wisps of white sun screen across my nose and face.

I'm on a fixed income. So, maybe I should use my limited funds to improve my wardrobe. Forget it. I'm an unreconstructed, hippie-commie. When I was a wage-slave, saving to retire on a fixed income, I lived on a strictly saveing income.

I don't care what anyone wears. If you want to dress like you came from the 50s , go ahead. Your uniform, your free choice in the great capitalist marketplace of commodities. If I had more money, I'd dress more creatively. But right now, I just don't give a damn about pretending i.e.: trying to look like I'm a hip, urban professional.

Regards, Mike B)

****************************************************************** Live in harmony with the Earth. Abolish the wages system. http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal