[lbo-talk] HRW calls for 9-11 style cover-up (?)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Apr 26 06:39:45 PDT 2005

Jordan Hayes wrote:

>Geeze, you Ivy Leaguers sure are snobby.

Esp with our own!

> I think this was Al Gore's
>downfall: the emphasis on whether Bush can pronounce a particular word
>totally misses the point that he's smarter than most of the people who
>elected him.

Smart? In what sense? He's never given any public sign as president that he reads, thinks, or knows much of anything. He's appointed people who never challenge him, whose job it is to sell policies decided upon by his inner circle, not provide advice. Worse, he seems to think that's ok - he plays up being a simpleton for political advantage. For a country steeped in anti-intellectualism, the last thing we need is a president that encourages it.

Doug