[lbo-talk] dregs and drugs

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 21:06:39 PDT 2005

--- Michael Dawson <MDawson at pdx.edu> wrote:
> When I went to the Czech Republic, the women were
> off the hook, but their
> boyfriends almost always looked like complete waste
> cases...same there?
> Why?

I guess this is directed to me? I don't know about CR, but Russian men often also have a case of the "look at my clothes, everybody" virus. (Not meaning to generalize about 145 million people -- I should say "the men I notice on the street.") But for women it can be off the scale. Rather sexist society you know. Maybe it's also linked to their having being a lot more women after the war for obvious reasons (USSR lost something like 30% of the draftable generation) combined with the social pressure to get married quickly and thus incentive to appear as attractive as possible.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!