[lbo-talk] Sowell on "black rednecks"

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Apr 27 12:05:07 PDT 2005

Carrol Cox wrote:

> > There you go again. Some X is Y. Big deal.
> >

> Some is too many when it comes to failure to hold basic principles
> across the broad left constituency, you included. I would have thought
> that you more than many others would have seen the truth in that and
> defended it.

I agree. That's why I condemn such slovenly rhetoric as "some x is y" as vigorously in a fellow leftist as I would in a freshman theme. It is extremely important for the left not to encourage such disregard for minimal intellectual standards.

Carrol

^^^^^^^ CB: What is the conventional name for the specific intellectual standard to which you refer ?

I'm sure you're not saying "SOME leftist just encouraged disregard for minimal intellectual standards. "