[lbo-talk] crime & American Indians

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Apr 27 21:22:30 PDT 2005

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net wrote:

> > High victimization rates are usually swept under the rug by the populist
>> relativists claiming that any sub-culture is as good as any other. In this
>> case, such practices are particularly disingenuous since victimization
>> cannot be blamed on "external factors" as most tribes are self-governed.
>>
>> Wojtek
>
>Self-governed? That's a good one. Know any more jokes as good as this?

Yeah, Woj's comment ignores the way that "sovereignty" (another great Bush moment captured on video - W defining Indian sovereignty) was constructed by the US in a history featuring just about all the points in the official definition of genocide. I hope Wojtek isn't trying to blame Indians for these awful numbers.

Doug