[lbo-talk] pomo cultural lefties who valorize the poor

Willy Greenfields filthydirtyunwashed at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 12:56:12 PDT 2005

Wojtek wrote:

>Second, this whole rap thing is
>using black people to do some questionable work that
>white people would not want to touch. Can you imagine
>what would happen if a white band was singing rap
>lyrics?

Maybe you arrived here after the 1980s PMRC hysteria. I recall someone (Fritz Hollings?) reading The Mentors' over-the-top misogynistic lyrics into the Congressional record. I would have thought that was the last time in my life I'd hear an elected official say 'golden showers' or something similar but then Santorum came along with his man-on-dog imagery.