[lbo-talk] Re: Sex Panic at SUNY

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu Apr 28 14:12:29 PDT 2005

Dear List:

Wendy writes:

> Or, perhaps, they will stay out of it
completely until more facts than you have presented here become known?

Even when the facts are known it is unlikely that they will do much. Anti-sex/ anti-kink attitudes are as common in academia as in the non-academic world. Look what happeded at Iowa State.

> That would be the logical course of
action, I would think.

If you are a sexual activist you must always be proactive. The hate of the anti-sexers and the anti kinsters is enormous.

> You seem awfully quick to assume that the
professor's account is the correct one.

What concerns me is that he resigned (forced or not it does not say) and banned from the campus. If this incident had not involved BDSM, I bet it would have been handled differently.

Also, 20+ years of intense BSDM/dungeon experience leads me to believe that it would be difficult for an 81 year old man to engage in non-consensual flogging with a woman 40 years his junior. Heck, consensual flogging might even be a stretch.

Thomas writes:

> I think somebody should dress up in Nazi habit,
tie the Prof. down on the ground and pour hot wax on his genitalia.

It is usually better to drip wax on genitalia unless your sub is a pain pig and/or you are going for scarification.

Also, when first trying this be careful: the heat of the wax will depend on the color of the candle. (I found that amazing when I first did wax play).

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister