[lbo-talk] kids say the darndest things

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Apr 29 06:46:14 PDT 2005

> Students Do Not Share Gonzales' View on Piracy
> Attorney general says downloading bootlegs is illegal, but many at
> seminar are unfazed.
>
> By Lorenza Muñoz and Jon Healey
> Times Staff Writers
> April 29, 2005
>
> Unfazed by the students' skepticism, Gonzales said this was only the

Was it Frederic Douglass who said, and I paraphrase, that power concedes nothing unless confronted by power? Speaking "truth" to those trolls is like "throwing beans against the wall" as an adage in the old country goes. They will start listening only when the heads of their own start to roll.

Wojtek