[lbo-talk] Re:the governator

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Fri Apr 29 16:57:49 PDT 2005

>"Californians - how's Arnie doing? I've read a few things lately about
>how he's in political trouble, his poll numbers slipping and unable
>to get his agenda through the legislature. Is this the way it looks
>up close?"
>
>Doug

the honeymoon seems over, but it was as groundless as the original idiotic campaign against him - don't talk about his wretched economic politics, since they "resonate" with so many ruling liberals, just charge him with sexism, rape, nazism, etc....

but there has finally been a backlash and he, at least for the moment, seems on the defensive... the same ridiculous "charm" of his broken logic-english that won him friends is now seen - and heard - as a negative, as he restates, corrects, makes clear what ever the fuck he is alleged to have meant in the first place...

for instance re the immigration-minuteman issue, he mistakenly said "close the borders" when he really meant" "patrol the borders", and this kind of crap loses points...if he said "we need cheap labor , welcome latinos" he'd go up in the polls..

given the nature of the opposition party, and even allowing for the current polls and expressed attitudes of some who used to like him, wouldn't say he's down for the count...yet.

fs