[lbo-talk] Science and the Left

Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu
Sat Apr 30 13:32:27 PDT 2005

I really like Doug's observation about this topic. To back it up, I'd mention that _Monthly Review_ used to have regular column written by Philip Morrison! And nothing is more tiresome than the left main schtick on science -- that it's only one form of "male" knowledge.

Having said this, however, I wonder why you're so kind to Cox, Doug. This guy is, to toy with Einstein, 2 percent thought and 97 percent position-taking. He has no idea about anything except what he's read, and even that seems to be petrified.