[lbo-talk] How Americans would respond

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat Apr 30 17:02:20 PDT 2005

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, Doug Henwood wrote:

> I gotta confess, I just don't get the video game thing. It seems weird and
> alien to me. Not because of the technology, but because of the
> solitariness and alternative universe aspects of it.

I thought the whole thrill was that it wasn't solitary -- that people usually played against others, sometimes with and against vast numbers of others.

And it certainly seems like yakky culture. It sure isn't solitary that way. These people can go one talking longer than sports or soaps fans.

Michael